Person in the Hallway

Person in the Hallway

Keva Li, News Editor

What is your hidden/greatest talent that others do not know about? Or if you do not have a special talent then what is a skill you would like to learn and why?

Economics Teacher Mr. McDonald: “I have been surfing since I was 13. I go all year round, even in the winter. I usually surf at Long Beach, Rockaway beach, and Gilgo beach.”

Chinese Teacher Ms. Wu: “I am really good at making handcrafts. Like hands on jobs. I make small animals, not really needle work but putting small material together to create these animals.”

Senior Amanda Sanders: “I could do my liquid eyeliner in one minute and a half. I timed it. I rush in the morning, so I get really good at it.”

Sophomore Shirley Tola: “I taught myself how to play the ukulele. I learned from watching YouTube and can play a couple songs.”

Sophomore Noah Navael-Youssefi: “I am fluent in five languages: Italian, English, Spanish, Persian, and Hebrew. I learned most of them before the age 10. I mostly speak Italian at home.”

Sophomore Jacqueline Manelis: “My first language is not English. Russian is my first language. I spoke Russian until I was four, then I went to my first kindergarten class and could not understand anything. From then on, I began to learn English.”

Senior Cina Nazif: “I taught myself to how to play guitar. I am continuing to improve.”

Senior Tatiana Sameyah: “I could hula-hoop for an hour. I did it in 5th grade and wanted to see how long I could go.”

Junior Joanne Chung: “I enjoy photography. I love to capture pictures from a different point of view.”

Senior Kyra Friedland: “I enjoy carpentry. I do a lot of stage crew here and make building stuff like cabinets and other props.”