Teenagers can Change the World

Dina Aziz, Features Editor

Teenagers have the potential to change the world by voicing opinions and taking action. Just recently, teens across the country walked out of class in an organized Walkout, remembering those who were unfortunately killed in the Florida shooting, and demanding immediate government action for gun control. This Walkout allowed students to share viewpoints as a student body, and many students across the country held signs or led the student body in chants.

Students have the power to change the world in a positive or negative way, depending on viewpoints and actions. They can advocate for a safer America or they can stay silent and contribute to the problem. Teens can choose to take part in protests and encourage a safer and more protected nation. For those who support more school security, students can also demand security guards and police in and outside of their schools. Each student has the ability to reach out to administration if they strive for change.

To ensure greater safety in schools, some students may push for installed ID checks at the entrances of their campus buildings. Students of the age 18 can vote for a candidate who they believe will lead the country and create progress; younger students can create petitions to demonstrate shared feelings among students. While some people are doubtful of the ability for teenagers to make wise or appropriate decisions, many students are very educated and hold strong opinions. They are the future.