Tri-M Induction Ceremony

Tri-M Induction Ceremony

Keva Li, News Editor

Great Neck North’s Tri-M Chapter 2605, the Chapter of the Year, hosted its 23rd Induction Ceremony on Thursday, April 26. The Tri-M Music Honors Society, a program of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME), recognizes the efforts and accomplishments of students in music. Qualities such as musicianship, character, leadership, and service to their school and community are values the chapter regards highly.

The chapter inducted 16 new high school members and 24 new middle school members, as well as honoring six arts advocates as lifetime members. These members were active in furthering the cause of music and music education and contributed to musical culture at Great Neck North High School: Bernie Kaplan, Neil Saggerson, Roger Ames, Dr. Janine Robinson, Amy Kempton, and Karen Lee. The six honorees delivered moving speeches about the power of music that brings people together. Also present were Principal Dan Holtzman, NM Assistant Principal Jennifer Andersen, Music Educator Jacquelyn Tomlet, Department Head for Fine and Performing Arts Dr. Pamela Levy, Music Booster Chairs Nancy Notar-Francesco and Belma Soykan, NM Music Chair Matthew Trinkwald, NM Music Educator Anthony Virgilio, GNPS Public Information Specialist Colleen Bowler, and parents of the new inductees. The ceremony concluded with the performance of “Meditation” from Thais by Massenet performed by senior violinist Isabel Yang and pianist Dr. Pamela Levy.