Spirit Week Ends on a High Note

Seniors Adelia DeRose and May Tun were especially excited for today, especially considering that both of them are members of the girls varsity soccer team, which will be playing at homecoming (Credit: Ava Hoffman).

On the last school day of Spirit Week, students roamed the halls while proudly dressed in blue and orange, beaming with excitement in anticipation of tomorrow’s homecoming game. Many student athletes dressed up as well, wearing jerseys and school merch, both in support of spirit week as well as in preparation for upcoming games that day.

A google form was also released, allowing all students to vote for their grade as many times as they pleased, in an effort to win points for their grade. While the form is always competitive, it hit a new high this year, with the form crashing, receiving over a million votes, and many speculations of bots being used from fellow students.

Senior Alexander Khazzam was among these students. “I designed a program that would automatically load one vote per second for the senior class,” he said, confirming suspicions.

Varsity Volleyball team members Anjelica Wu, Linda Li, and Rachel Bagim show off their school spirit (Credit: Ava Hoffman).

The most exciting part of the day was by far the end, as the final point tallies were announced on the loudspeaker. The seniors had won, the juniors and freshman had tied for second, and the sophomores had finished in fourth. Blazer Day was a delightful way to end spirit week, unifying students in support of their athletes and each other. 

The form’s vote count was high at an early point, with over 48,000 votes in just a few hours. Eventually, the form would be unable to load (Credit: Google Forms).