Pep Rally

Pep Rally

Isabel Yang, News Editor

Today marked the conclusion of Spirit Week. Throughout the past week, students have shown school spirit with their grade by participating in in-school activities and cheering for peers. The Pep Rally is the last event of the week where participants of each class compete in dances, grade advisors participate in games, and fall sports show team pride.

Introduced this year, there are new activities to participate in such as Hallway Battle and Advisor Games. The Hallway Battle includes students from each grade decorating a designated hallway on the first floor, according to a specific theme. Freshmen followed a Fiesta theme, using piñatas and mustaches. Sophomores decorated the library hallway with movie themed decorations, associated with “2020 Vision”. Decorating based on a superhero theme, juniors hung multiple drawings of superheroes, and displayed an assortment of pictures on strings. The seniors adorned a hallway using circus themed decorations such as a senior ring of fire, elaborate illustrations of circus animals, and several photos of students along the wall.

A newly introduced activity for Spirit Week is the Advisor Games. At Pep Rally, each group of grade advisors forms teams to compete in activities, including a three-legged race, frisbee game, and tug of war. After this competition, five people from each grade deliver a grade dance. First the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The dance is a contributing factor to earn victory during Spirit Week.

At the conclusion of Pep Rally, results are announced. The Junior class had a great victory this year, coming in first place, winning Hallway Battle, Advisor Games, and the dance aspect of this enjoyable week. Coming in second place, the sophomores, followed by the seniors, and lastly, the freshmen. All students did a fabulous job this week participating in activities and showing school spirit!