The Student News Site of Great Neck North High School

Guide Post

Guide Post

Guide Post

Lots Of Love

February 14th is the day of love and friendship; there are so many fun activities with friends and family to do, all filled with love. Find out more about fun things to do on Valentine’s day.

Valentine’s Day can be shared with friends, family, and loved ones. From chocolates to flowers, Valentine’s Day has it all.

“Valentine’s day is such a cute holiday,” said junior Layla Pourmoradi. “There are so many fun things to do.”

Whether spending Valentine’s day with friends or family, the day is always a blast. From receiving amazing chocolates to beautiful red-smelling flowers, the day is filled with smiles.

Boyfriends and girlfriends, husbands and wives go on dates ranging from a nice dinner at fancy restaurants with yummy food to a walk in Central Park during the day. The day is full of romance and love and is so special and loving for significant others.

Valentine’s Day baskets are a cute and sweet way to show your appreciation for loved ones (Credit: Play Party Plan).

Valentine’s Day isn’t always about spending time with a significant other. “Me and my friends spend time together on Valentine’s Day,” said sophomore Jaden Maze. “It’s always so much fun.”

Galentine’s Day” is another fun event that can take place on February 14th. Galentine’s Day is when groups of friends gather and spend time together as each other’s “Gals.” Groups of friends go out to dinner or even make dinner all together and watch a movie. Some fun activities to do with friends are baking cookies, brownies or even making a pizza. This day is all about spending time together and does not matter what you do— it’s all about what you love to do!

Teddy bears and chocolates are a classic, never-fail gift for Valentine’s Day (Credit: Flower Boom Dallas).

Junior Morgan Youssian said, “The chocolates are my favorite thing about Valentine’s Day.” She continued, “Its an excuse to eat such delicious candies.”

Despite the delicious dinners one may go to on Valentine’s Day, some delicious candies are eaten on this day and some presents are given. Chocolates with all different flavorings are given along with chocolate-covered strawberries and candies called “sweethearts” that have loving messages on them. While everyone spending time together on Valentine’s Day, sometimes people receive gifts, which let’s be real… is the best part!! Flowers, cards, and teddy bears are all common gifts given on Valentine’s day to express people’s love for one another.

Putting together fun plates of sweet treats can be a fun Galentine’s activity (Credit: Fun Cheap or Free).