5 Romance Books You Are Bound to Love

Are you trying to get more into reading? Well, if you are, here are several romance books that are bound to get you hooked from the start and may even lead to a new reading hobby.

Reading is a hobby that can be addicting, educative, and exhilarating all at once. If you’re searching for an exciting romance novel to read before bed, Reminders of Him, One of Us Is Lying, November 9, It Ends With Us, and The Selection are excellent choices! 

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover’s novel, Reminders of Him. (Credit: Goodreads)

First, Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover is about a girl (Kenna) who got into a car crash with her high school boyfriend while drunk driving. They were madly in love with each other, which is made very clear throughout the book. Sadly, Kenna left her boyfriend at the scene, which had many consequences. The novel displays the hardships associated with being a mother, specifically, a mother’s journey to gain custody of her child. “This book was so good, I literally could not put it down!” claimed Abby Ijadi, a sophomore attending North Shore High School.

Additionally, the novel One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus is about five kids in detention. One is killed. Who did it? The other four kids start an investigation to find out how this kid died, so everyone will stop accusing them. Some fall in love, go through midlife crises, and all their secrets are revealed. “I really loved this book because it had its fair share of mystery and romance!” said Sophomore Maya Ohebshalom.

Amazon.com: One of Us Is Lying: 9781524714680: McManus, Karen M.: Books
One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus. (Credit: Goodreads)
November 9: A Novel: Hoover, Colleen
November 9 by Colleen Hoover. (Credit: Goodreads).

In the novel November 9 by Colleen Hoover, the protagonist, Fallon, was in a house fire at a young age and has been scared ever since. She has scars all over one side of her body and face. Since then, she dreaded the date November 9 because it reminded her of her traumatizing experience–until she met a boy on November 9th that changed her life. Ben is the first boy to look at her with desire since the fire. Ben suggests that they should see each other every day once a year: on November 9th. They do this so that Ben can write a book about this since he is a fantastic writer. The rule is that they cannot have any contact during the year until they see each other on that one day. As the years go on, they gradually fall in love until Fallon discovers an awful truth about Ben.

It Ends with Us: A Novel (1): Hoover, Colleen: 9781501110368: Amazon.com: Books
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. (Credit: Goodreads)

Another, amazing novel by Colleen Hoover is It Ends With Us. The protagonist, Lily, grew up in a household where her father abused her mother. She never understood why her mother didn’t just leave. This novel takes the reader back and forth between Lily’s past and her first love, Atlas, to her current relationship with a mysterious surgeon who seems too good to be true. As the book continues, we see Lily and Ryle’s relationship starting to seem like her mother and father’s. When Atlas comes back into Lily’s life, it produces many problems. However, Lily is able to see his true colors. “Although I hate reading books, especially for school, this novel changed my perspective on books because I really enjoyed reading this novel. Team Atlas all the way!” expressed Sophomore Layla Pourmoradi.

Amazon.com: The Selection (The Selection, 1): 9780062059949: Cass, Kiera: Books
The Selection by Kiera Cass. (Credit: Goodreads)

Lastly, The Selection, written by Kiera Cass, is about a girl named America who lives in a society where people are divided by castes. Without desire, she is picked to compete against other girls for a chance to marry the prince and live amongst the wealthy. At first, she is not fond of this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity because the love of her life awaits her at home. But, as the book progresses, her feelings about this lifestyle change when she meets another boy. 

Instead of scrolling through your phone for hours, pick up one of these books, and you are bound to get addicted. Who knows?–maybe this will be the start of a new passion or hobby.