February Break Adventures

After the brutal midterm week, students and staff are counting down the days until February break.

“I am so excited for winter break,” Sofia Shahid said.

Many students at North High School enjoy their breaks in different ways. After surveying students at North, this break, most students are staying home or hitting the slopes to ski and snowboard.

For those staying home, this time provides an opportunity to catch up on rest, spend time with family and friends, partake in hobbies, and study for upcoming tests.

“Honestly, I just want to sleep and watch my favorite Netflix TV Shows,” Daniella Cohen said.

On the other hand, many students look forward to experiencing the thrill of the slopes and hope to improve their skills too. Most resorts like Camelback and Thunder Ridge will be at maximum capacity.

Man pictured skiing in the trails in the mountains of Vermont (Credit: Rootsrated.com).

Other students are heading south to lie on warm, sunny beaches in Florida. Some are traveling to Orlando to adventure in Walt Disney Universal Studios and amusement parks, a perfect spot for family fun.

“I love going to Florida,” Ellen Barbu said. “I love being able to experience worlds that I can only read about or see in movies, like Harry Potter.”

A few families are traveling to the Caribbean Islands. Popular destinations include Cancun, Mexico, and Turks and Caicos. Cancun is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant nightlife. With its warm climate and abundance of activities, it is easy to see why Cancun is a favorite destination for students. From snorkeling and scuba diving to exploring ancient Mayan ruins and visiting theme parks, there is something for everyone in Cancun.

Coastal Resorts pictured on the island of Cancun (Credit: CancunAdventure.net).

Turks and Caicos, located in the Atlantic Ocean, is another popular destination among students. This idyllic island chain is known for its stunning white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and world-class resorts. Students can participate in water sports, such as kayaking and windsurfing, or relax on the beach and soak up the sun.

For a completely different experience, a group of students decided to head to Las Vegas, Nevada. This city is known for its casinos, vibrant nightlife, and numerous attractions, such as Cirque du Soleil shows, world-class restaurants, and famous landmarks like the Bellagio fountains and the Eiffel Tower replica. Las Vegas provides a unique cultural experience, allowing them to explore the city and indulge in some of the finest entertainment and dining options.

The famous symbol for Las Vegas. This sign is often portrayed in movies to indicate this outrageous city (Credit: LeisureandTravel.com).

February break is a time for students to recharge and pursue their interests, whether that mean relaxing at home, skiing, or exploring new destinations. Regardless of their plans, one thing is for sure – the students at North High School are making good use of their time off and are eager for their winter break adventures.