The Student News Site of Great Neck North High School

Guide Post

Guide Post

Guide Post

Starbucks Fall Drinks Lineup

As fall approaches, many Starbucks customers eagerly await new seasonal drinks. These drinks include Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Lattes and Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espressos. Check out this year’s Starbucks fall drinks.
Starbucks Fall Drinks Lineup (Credit: People).

It’s officially fall. The air is becoming crisper, and the leaves are turning hues of red, orange, and yellow. What better way to enjoy this beautiful fall weather than stopping by the nearest Starbucks and grabbing a quick drink?

Every year, Starbucks customers patiently await the release of their favorite fall drinks menu. New drinks are released annually, but one drink regularly stars in almost everybody’s Starbucks orders each fall— the Pumpkin Spiced Latte.

“I get the pumpkin spiced latte every year,” said junior Sydney Wong. “It’s always been my favorite fall drink.”

Pumpkin Spiced Latte, the 20-year-old Starbucks fall favorite (Credit: Starbucks).

The PSL, or Pumpkin Spiced Latte, celebrates its 20th birthday this year and is a Starbucks cult favorite. This drink alone drove U.S. store sales up by 8%. Baristas generously pump pumpkin sauce and then pull golden shots of espresso directly into the syrup. Next, depending on whether the customer ordered a hot or iced drink, milk is steamed, or a cup is filled with ice and milk. Finally, the espresso is added to the cup, and the iconic drink is topped with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice. At 370 calories and 45 grams of sugar for a Grande serving, the PSL is the perfect indulgent treat for fall.

Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte (Credit: Starbucks).

While many Starbucks customers remain loyal to the OG PSL, some are eager to try new drinks featured on the menu. This drink was originally a “secret menu” item trending on TikTok, but was officially added to the menu this year: the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte. A new addition to the fall drinks lineup, the drink is composed of black tea infused with cinnamon and other warm spices mixed with milk, topped with pumpkin cream cold foam and pumpkin spice topping to create the creamiest, dreamiest drink. A Grande serving of this drink contains 460 calories and nearly 70 grams of sugar, so be prepared for the sugar rush after you finish this delicious treat.

Now that the drink is on the official menu, even more customers are rushing to Starbucks to order it. “I love the pumpkin chai latte,” said senior Ava Goykhberg. “It’s the perfect mix of sweet.”

Iced Apple Crisp Oatmeal Shaken Espresso (Credit: Starbucks).
Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso (Credit: Starbucks).

A unique combination of expertly paired flavors, the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is another new addition to the fall drinks menu. Baristas mix blonde espresso, which is delicately roasted and less acidic than regular espresso, with apple brown sugar syrup. Then, the espresso is shaken vigorously with creamy oat milk over ice to create the perfect foam. While flavors like apple and coffee do not typically go hand in hand, they blend in harmony in this drink. The Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is the perfect solution for customers who don’t enjoy a strong coffee taste.

Senior Caileen Makani said, “I am so excited to try the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso because I’m a huge coffee drinker and love the limited edition holiday flavors.”

Even if you don’t enjoy coffee, be sure to stop by your nearest Starbucks to try these delicious fall drinks!